Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Demolition Derby or the grocery store

Took Ting to the grocery store.  So I'm waddling along, nearly 7 months pregnant, carrying my de-caf starbucks well ahead of Ting when suddenly I'm looking at the ceiling.  The child--whom, it now occurs to me-- has never driven a grocery cart, has cut me off at the ankles, effectively cutting me down like the Godfather set in the produce section.  So here I am, belly up, covered in coffee, half under a grocery cart wit a Chinese kid hopping up and down like a rabbit yelling, "ISOSRY ISOSRY!"  translation: I'm so sorry!  I'm so sorry!  Yup--we made quite an impression.

Until we got to the meat section.  "MOM!  What is THAT?!?!?!?!  Its DISGUSTING!" 

ground beef.

Why does it look like noodles?  Why do you have cow noodles?

<<sigh>>  Not cow noodles...just dead beef that kind of looks like, well, dead cow noodles.

So, I was wondering, after the grocery cart and the dead cow noodle situation, how I was going to explain the difference between oat and honey granola and cinammon apple granola.  No worries: she had a box of ice cream sundae pop tarts and a box of hot fudge pop tarts, "Mom!  I want this!  Which is more delicious?"

Yesterday we ventured back into the store.  She reached for the grocery cart.  "Don't be scared Mom, it's not my first time."

No comments:

Post a Comment